We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/05/09.
What information we collect
We may collect the following Personal Information from you :
- name and job title;
- contact information including your address, phone number, fax number and email address;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- details of your visits to the Website (including but not limited to traffic information, location information, weblogs and other communication information whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access;
- any other information relevant to customer surveys; and
- any other personal information that you provide.
When Personal Information is collected
Personal Information may be collected on the following occasions:
- when you complete a form on the Website;
- if you contact us for any reason;
- if you complete a customer survey; and
- when you visit the Website.
What we do with the Personal Information we collect
We require this Personal Information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to make such use of it as is obvious or expressly stated at the point at which the Personal Information is collected;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- for our internal record keeping;
- to respond to your enquiries or notify you about changes to our service;
- to improve our products and services;
- we may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information (including relating to third parties) which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or post;
- to customise the Website according to your interests;
- to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our Website;
- to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf;
- to pass to any associated company (as defined by s.416 Taxation and Chargeable Gains Act 1988) of Cammell Laird; and
- to pass to such third party contractors, suppliers or distributors as may be reasonably necessary to fulfill any order or satisfy any other use that you might make of the Website.
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Information is secure. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Personal Information we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. In order to try and prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of Personal Information once it has been transmitted we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Personal Information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our Website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website.
Links to third party websites
Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your Personal Information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the Website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
Except as provided on the Website or in this policy, we will not sell, distribute or lease your Personal Information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law. We may use your Personal Information to send you promotional information about third parties, their products or services which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of the Personal Information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of your Personal Information or have any questions or concerns about the information we hold about you please write to us at the address below.
We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Controller of Your Information
Information which you provide to us or we gather from the Website is controlled by:
Cammell Laird Shiprepairers & Shipbuilders Limited
Company registration number: 4211637
Cammell Laird Shipyard
Wirral CH41 9BP